This drill allows you to focus on keeping your knees underwater, while reducing your resistance at the same time. In streamline on your back, start kicking breaststroke.
How to do it
- Kick breaststroke while in streamline on your back
- Drive your heels to your butt, keeping your knees just under the surface and your hips up
- Turn your feet out and kick the water strongly to the back
- Press your legs against each other, pushing the water out
- Drive your heels to your hips and keep your knees in line with your hips
- Keep your knees together as much as possible
- Keep your chin and chest up to maintain good body position
Alternate this drill with swimming breaststroke. Try to drive your heels up to your butt while pushing your hips down at the same time. This will reduce your drag in the water. While reducing drag, your speed will increase.