The streamline kick helps you focus on keeping your core engaged while kicking. Kick on your stomach with your arms in a streamline in front of you. The rapid movement of your kick can cause instability in your upper body, which causes resistance and loss of power.
How to do it
- Use a snorkel and start kicking in a streamline position
- Place your hands on top of each other, lock your head in between your arms and engage your core by pulling in your belly button
- Stretch out your upper body as much as possible
- Look straight down the bottom of the pool and start to kick
- Stretch your upper body while kicking and pull in your belly button to engage your core
- Keep your shoulder still and face down during the kick
- Breathe easily through the snorkel
The streamline kick is a basic drill that helps you to maintain your streamline while swimming. Put on fins to speed things up and alternate this drill with swimming freestyle.